Paramount Pictures is in negotiations to acquire screen rights to Laini Taylor’s recent young adult novel “Daughter Of Smoke and Bone” reports Deadline.
The story follows a 17-year old art student who is sent by her awful father on travels across the globe to collect teeth for an unspecified but creepy purpose. This leads her to an encounter with an angel and revelations about her family that lead her into adventures involving otherworldly beings
Several other studios are reportedly interested in the work because its an effects-driven fantasy film with a young audience in mind.
Other Great Posts:
- Jackie Chan Talks "Expendables 3" Reports
- "7 Samurai," "Vengeance" Remakes Heat Up?
- Pike, Fernandez, Nolte Return To "Sender"
- Game News: Arkham, Xbox, Last, Sonic
- "Into Darkness" Opening Weekend Box-Office